A double or Dual Mechanical Seal consists of two independent seals mounted within a sealed chamber outside the pump, which is flushed with an independent supply. A Dual Mechanical Seal is designed with two primary seals. These mechanical seals often use two rotating seal faces and two stationary seal faces.
The fluid is provided between these two seals at a lower pressure than the sealed fluid (known as buffer fluid) or at a pressure higher than the sealed fluid (known as barrier fluid). The fluid provided to the Dual Mechanical Seal allows the seal to survive in lethal, explosive, carcinogenic, hazardous, adhesive, or extremely viscous fluids.
This makes Dual Mechanical Seal ideal for sealing hazardous liquids, liquids with abrasives or liquids that are corrosive, as the seal faces only see clean lubrication greatly increasing Dual Mechanical Seal life.
Dual mechanical seal is mostly used inflammable, explosive, toxic, granular and lubricating medium. The pump products that use Dual Mechanical Seal are fluorine plastic centrifugal pump or IH stainless steel chemical pump, etc.
As a professional dual mechanical seal supplier, Wen dong mechanical seals factory's Dual Mechanical Seal has independent seal-face designs, to enhance safe containment of process fluid in the event of damage to any individual sealing element.
● Prevent a hazardous product from reaching the atmosphere/polluting the environment
● Avoid leakage of an expensive process fluid product
● Maximize seal life by controlling the type of fluid film on the seal faces
● Isolate the mechanical seal from atmospheric conditions
● Establish a backup seal in the event of an inboard seal failure
● Avoid contamination of the process media should one seal fail
● Provide an alternative when the process fluid will not provide stable and reliable lubrication of the seal faces
Dual Mechanical Seal is commonly used in the following circumstances:
● If the fluid and its vapors are hazardous to the operator or environment and MUST be contained
● When aggressive media are used at high pressures or temperatures
● For many polymerizing, sticky media