Rubber Bellows Mechanical Seal WM24 with the narrow DIN profile and is also compliant to American ANSI seal chamber dimensions. The robust, heavy-duty bellows design provides excellent flexibility and durability.
● Pushing the seal against a shoulder sounds very attractive, but it a real installation problem. Looking again at the illustration you can see that the rubber bellows location is critical to the operation of the seal. The mechanic can position the seal spring, but he has no control over the rubber bellows which can be either extended or compressed with respect to the seal face.
● The lubricant used to install the seal must make the rubber slippery enough to slide easily on the shaft and yet stick to the shaft to provide the turning torque to the rotating seal face. A lubricant that will attack the rubber bellows is selected for this. It will make the rubber “slimy” for about fifteen minutes and then cause the rubber to “swell up” and lock to the shaft. This means you have about fifteen minutes to assemble the seal into the stuffing box and tighten up the seal gland, which is just about impossible on a double-ended pump. That is the reason you find so many of these seals sleeve mounted. Silicone grease is the first choice for lubricating rubber parts in other seals, but it must never be used in this design because it will not attack the rubber boot.
● If the old seal was installed correctly it vulcanized to the shaft. This means that the seal has to be physically scraped off the shaft or sleeve before a new seal can be installed. It is very common for mechanics to polish the cleaned up shaft with crocus cloth or fine emery paper, but this must be avoided because if the shaft or sleeve is too smooth the new rubber boot will not stick. You want a finish of no better than 40 rms, which is very different than the requirement of at least 32 rms (0,8 microns) used in other seal designs.
Pressure: ≤ 0.8MPa
Speed: ≤ 10m/s
Temperature: -20℃ ~+150℃
● Stationary Ring (Ceramic/Sic/tc)
● Rotary Ring ( Carbon/Sic/tc)
● Secondary Seal(nbr/Epdm/VITON)
● Spring and Punched Parts(Steel)
WenDong specializes in produce mechanical seals and custom mechanical seals solutions. By utilizing our extensive expertise, we can provide a complete solution to your challenge.
Chehe Industrial Park Shiqi Town Ningbo Zhejiang, China